Chemical & Natural Gas Engineering
Phone: (361) 593-2629
Fax: (361) 593-4026
Personal Website: http://www.engineer.tamuk.edu/departments/chen/slee.html
EC 328, Frank H. Dotterweich College of Engineering
Kingsville, TX 78363
- Monte Carlo Technique and Molecular Dynamics
- Gas Hydrates - Thermodynamics and Kinetics
- Design and Simulation
- Ph.D., Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering,
University of Pittsburgh, 1999
- M.S., Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering, Sogang University, Korea, 1992
- B.E., Chemical and Natural Gas Engineering, Sogang University, Korea, 1990
- Assistant Professor, Texas A&M
University-Kingsville, Kingsville, TX (2002 -
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, TN (2001 - 2002)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate/ Research Engineer, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX (05/2000 - 01/2002)
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA (01/2000 - 05/2000)
- Graduate Research fellow, National Energy Technology Laboratory, Pittsburgh, PA
(01/1999 – 12/1999)
- Research Assistant/ Teaching Assistant, University of Pittsburgh, PA (1995 - 1999)
- Process Engineer, LG Engineering, Co. Ltd., Seoul, Korea (1994-1995)
- West, O.R., C. Tsouris, L. Liang, S. Lee, and S.D. McCallum, "Negatively Buoyant CO2Hydrate Composite Material for Ocean Carbon Sequestration," AIChE Journal, 49, 283-285, 2002.
- S.-Y. Lee and G. D. Holder, " Model for Gas Hydrate Equilibria Using a Variable Reference Chemical Potential: Part 1”, AIChE. J., Vol 48, 161-167, 2002.
- S.-Y. Lee and G. D. Holder, “Methane Hydrate: Potential as a Future Energy Source”, Vol 71, 181, Fuel Processing Technology, 2001.
- S.-Y. Lee and G. D. Holder, "A Generalized Model For Gas Hydrate Equilibria", Gas Hydrates: Challenges for the Future, Ann. of the New York Academy of Science, Vol 912, 614-622, 2000.
- S. Zele, S.-Y. Lee and G. D. Holder, "A Theory of Lattice Distortion in Gas Hydrates.", J. of Phy. Chem. B, Vol. 103, No. 46, 10250-10257, 1999.
- S.-Y. Lee, Eric McGregor and G. D. Holder, "An Experimental Study of Hydrate Crystal Growth from Methane, Carbon Dioxide and Methan+Propane Mixtures", Energy & Fuels, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2152-215, 1998.
- Riestenberg, D.; West, O.;Lee, S.-Y.; McCallum, S.; Phelps, T., “Sediment Surface Effects on Methane Hydrate Formation and Dissociation”, Marine Geology, in press.
- S.-Y. Lee, C. Tsouris, O. West, L. Liang, and D. Riestenberg, “ Ocean Carbon Sequestration by Using Negatively Buoyancy Gas Hydrate.”, submitted to Environmental Science & Technology, 2002.
- Makogon, Y. F., Holditch, S. A. and Lee, S.-Y., “Solubility of Natural Gas in Water and its role in the formation of Gas Hydrate deposits”, 2001 International Gas Research Conference.
- S.-Y. Lee, Eric McGregor and G. D. Holder, "An Experimental Study of Hydrate Crystal Growth from Methane, Carbon Dioxide and Methan+Propane Mixtures", 213th ACS National Meeting, Vol. 42 No.2, San Francisco, 1997.
Honors and Awards
- Chairman’s List, the 3rd International Gas Hydrate Conference by Engineering Foundation, 1999
- Fellowship, National Energy Technology Laboratory, 1999
- Cum Laude, Sogang University, 1990
- Tuition Scholarship for Distinguished Students, Sogang University, 1986 - 1990
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
Institutional and Professional Service
- Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- Graduate Curriculum Committee
- ACS National Conference
- AIChE National Conference (annually)